Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 3 2010 one day in Fuquay-Varina N.C.

     Some things about N.C. One evening we all went out to eat at a BBQ place that Patty and Harden like to go to, Cathy also went with us. They came to the table brought pitchers of sweet tea and water, along with a bowl of crushed ice, and baskets of hush puppies. And they kept everything filled up. The BBQ pork tasted a little different than what we were used to. They use sauce with vinegar in it. It was good, but I think that what we are use to up north is a little better for my taste. Everything that was ordered was enjoyable, The service was very good.
     One day while Patty, Cathy, and Peggy went shopping, and Harden was working, so I decided to take a ride and see if I could find an American Legion, VFW, AmVets, or even a bar to have a light lunch and a couple of beers. I did find out that there are very few places that you can stop and have a beer. After riding around for over an hour I ended up by a small town called "Fuquay-Varina". (Try pronouncing that one correctly). Anyway North of town there was a place called "Mama Rabbits Motor Lounge". Short story I am now a life time member of Mama Rabbits Private Club. Which is a hard core biker bar. I signed up for the life membership because it cost only One Dollar to do so, and I just couldn't pass up that bargain. The motto of the club is "where the beer is cold, and the stories are told". I sat outside and talked with a couple of members there. Guess who was the only one that did not have any kind of leather on. When I pulled into the parking lot there were 14 bikes, one pickup, and my 4 door car with a bike rack on the back, I wondered about stopping, but said what the heck I least I could give then something to laugh about after I left. I had a good time the guys there were friendly, and said to make sure I came back again.
   Driving around on the many hills and curves was very nice, lots of nice scenery at almost every bend in the road. It was a nice enjoyable day.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment